Friday, December 27, 2019

day 25: last day visiting Paris

There are so many tourists in Paris at the moment that I had to wake up very early to avoid masses! I couldn't leave Paris without visiting Montmartre and Sacre Coeur so I left Factory49 Paris at 8.30am and I arrived at 9.30am by taking metro line1 and then bus n.74 stopping at Blanche (there is still the strike!). When I arrived at Montmartre I first visited Moulin La Gallette and the church Sacre Coeur.





Then I went searching for the artists ateliers and homes...







One home has become the Montmartre museum surrounded by the most ancient vineyard in Paris...









Most popular was the theatre of Black cat illustrated by Lautrec.





Then I went to visit the Montmartre cemetery and find the most famous graves including that one of Degas and Foucault (the pendulumI photographed at the Pantheon was his invention!). I loved this curved lady watering the flower with a watering can full of holes...









In the afternoon Jacek called me to meet at Le Marais to visit a gallery and so I made most of my time by visiting all the others galleries my new friend artist Andrèe suggested to visit... but unfortunately most of them were closed due to innovation, business meeting and holiday...

Gallerie Loevenbruck






GB agency


Galerie Rabouan-Moussion




Marian Goodman Gallery



Galerie Eric Duponts



The only one open was Galerie Denise René where I found a mini version of my installation  Vibrant Matter (Sonic)and the galleriste Catherine Gallois suggested to send her my practice's details!











2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this series of pictures Marta, an enjoyable tour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up with your month in Paris. Thank you for documenting for us this wonderful time! Congratulations on Coexistence- I wish I could have seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...