Monday, December 2, 2019

day one testing shadows, material research and walk on top of Paris!

Starting to assemble the springs (Slinky) in the gallery. 
What a great experience to have an art residency at Factory49 Paris, I feel really an artist! 





I waked up in the middle of the night (jet leg) to experiment with the Slinky' shadows casted onto the wall and the ceiling. 




First task is to find a way to hide the black lights on the ceiling as I will not use them! There are several small hooks as well there. Both elements are interfering with the shadows effect. How to resolve this? 






Researching white material at Le Roi Merlin ( French Bunnings)  that is just 7mins walk from Factory49 Paris!


On the opposite direction I went to search for fabric in a couture shop.... but it wa not the right one, plus it was closed. On my way back to the gallery, I decided to walk on the elevated path called Coulée Verte, surrounded by beautiful plants, birds, Parisienne buildings and winter colours!















In the morning I have called the DHL in Paris to know the status of my parcel that contains 3 rotative disks and 78 springs! I sent it from Sydney on Saturday 23 November but if I knew that the custom is a very slow process, I would have sent it one week earlier! Plus there will be in Paris a very long strike for the transport (5-8 December) ... so better to hurry up DHL!



No comments:

Post a Comment

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...