Tuesday, December 3, 2019

day two: planning the return parcel, testing fabrics for the windows, welcoming DHL!

Le Roy Marlin (French Bunnings) gave me this card to book Le Service de Lulu, Lulu dans ma rue ! Practically if you need any help they come to your place for a very bargain price! The only thing to know is that you need to go online and register, then you will need to wait for one week before they will call you. So it will come handy as I will need strong arms in 3 weeks time ... to transport two parcel of 20 kg each of material at La Poste and send back to Sydney! 




Today I couldn't visit Paris because I was waiting for the DHL... but I wanted to call them first ... they promised that the parcel will arrive between 2 and 6 pm. I was so happy to hear this! But at 2pm they called me saying that for some unknown reason they decided to reschedule my delivery! They promise that the parcel will probably arrive tomorrow... Probably? Are you joking? I need certainty now because the time is getting shorter and I need the material to start to install!  

So I started to work with the fabrics to create a semi- dark environment for casting the shadows on the walls and ceiling during the day... I think I got it and in very economic way. White Fabric= gardening patch covers, one circular wooden rod and velcro. 

I did several time lapse videos but for some reason the video doesn't seem to work in the blog maybe because is a too large file?... and some photos... pleased to see some people stopping curios and reading my poster info!










After finishing the work I heard a knock at the door window... I have looked outside and with my greatest relieve the DHL courier arrived! He made my day! My JUMBO box is safe in the gallery, a bit damaged though, tomorrow I will check to see if everything is ok!










No comments:

Post a Comment

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...