Wednesday, December 4, 2019

day 3: opening the parcel, check the material, lights to hide, an unexpected surprise!

This morning at 8.30 it was 1 degree celsius! The glass window was quite frosted! I was thinking to go out and visiting Paris for a change as it was sunny... but I cannot leave the studio, I need working... Being my myself, it slows down the process and I have not so much time left to the opening!



I opened the parcel and checked if any of the rotative bases have been damaged or stop working... I found one metallic disk unglued. Chris Daniel, the activation designer who made the  rotating bases, suggested to buy a rapid dry super glue to repair it. And this is what I did. When I connected it to the power to check if it was working, it worked like for all the other ones!





How to obtain a neutral ceiling so that the casting shadows can be the feature of the work? There are four black set of lights that can be covered with white fabric as well. Not an easy task because the ladder I have it is not so high. Just testing out...





I was also thinking to have a break and make most of it while I am in Paris before the rain will come for all the following week ... Pam Aitken said Paris is my oyster! Is it? I was tempting myself, when somebody knocked at the window door... Who could he/she be? WOW!!! An unexpected visit from Annelies Jahn who read about me and where I was in Paris via Facebook. Annelies is a great artist from NAS that is in Paris for the NAS three month art residency at Storrier Onslow studio at la Île de la Cité! We went to have lunch together. The first one in Paris! We ordered a nutritious organic soup and the most amazing small tart I ever had with apricot and pears!





Then we walked at Annelies' studio a l' Île de la Cité. Along the way we saw amazing monuments and buildings and romantic views of the river la Seine! 




















Annelies studio is so interesting, surrounded by other studios of artists and musicians from all over the world! What a great experience today, a big  thanks to Annelies! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...