Wednesday, December 25, 2019

day 21-22: discovering Paris at Christmas

On Monday 23 December, I wanted to go to visit the Atelier des Lumieres but once arrived they sent me home because the tickets were all sold out, but they suggested me to arrive earlier in the morning the day after to be able to buy a ticket in situ. So I did! And on Christmas Eve I experienced the Van Gogh immersive exhibition. I must be sincere the overall performance felt a bit too much and maybe commercial. Not that kind of intimate immersive experience I like to experience...




















After this experienced I walked to the Luxembourg gardens and along the way I discovered the Pantheon and Quartier Latin interesting area! I hadn't visited the Pantheon before, as it is not my first choice, but inside I found the Pendulum of Léon Foucault, such a stunning invention! The pendulum is suspended from the cupola 67meters high and moves following the earth movement while oscillating maintaining  the same plane!







I found in the cripte many graves of French famous literature philosophers and writers who lived in that epoch and will remember for ever, including Rousseau, Voltaire, Victor Hugo and Emile Zola!









 After the Pantheon I finally arrived at the Luxembourg gardens, perfect day to visit them!















And then I felt like to go to see a French movie. I entered at Les 3 Luxembourg cinema and I chose to watch Seul Les Betes by Domonick Moll, a very clever and interesting movie that make me think how isolated people can be trapped in idealistic realms while others can make advantage of it!






When I came out it was already dark and I walked in the direction of Saint Madeleine church ... as my phone battery was almost dead and I could't find the direction without the phone!!! I fast memorised the direction and put on safe mode while quickly walking through secrets streets of Saint German quartier ... so many pretty shops and restaurants... I stopped to recharge battery with an amazing dark hot chocolate! 







And then keep walking, crossing the Seine and Tuilleries gardens all through the Place of the Concorde and finally arriving to the colossal St. Madeleine church. Before going to the 10pm mas, for dinner I had escargot with a glass of white wine, Grand Marnier crepe with a Pastis to digest...







The Christmas mass was very long but I had the pleasure to hear good choral a cappella music ... I just made it to the metro that is closing at  1am in paris and arrived at the residency Facory49 Paris gallery incredibly fulfilled. What a special Christmas eve! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...