Monday, December 23, 2019

day19-20: dismounting and sending the installation via 'La Poste'

I have dismounted coexistence leaving the same pattern as it was when installed. I found interesting shapes and an inspiring process. I found very rewarding recycling all the material I had conserved for packing away the springs.









Packing the boxes was not so easy because I had to weigh without scale! After the third tentative I managed to pack two parcels one of 17kg and the other of 19kg! The limit was 20kg! Fiuuuu!




At 9.30 am Tom,  the strong arm guy working for the service of  Lulu dans la rue and suggested by Le Roy Merlin (French Bunnings), arrived with his trolley to carry the two parcels to the post office. I couldn't have done it without him that normally works as animator during the night.






This was the most anxious moment ... weighing the heaviest box... I got it just right! 19.35 kg!!!!





.. and this was the most struggling moment, filling up 2 detailed forms in French! Declaring what it is the content, the value and the weight net and not net... OMG! I did it in 2 hours! And luckily I know French!



The parcels has been stacked ups and down, but most important they have gone! Cross fingers I will have not pay taxes anymore this time and they will arrive in Sydney around the 10th of January 2020. Chris will be at home receiving them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...