Tuesday, December 10, 2019

day 9: coexistence catalogue is printed!

Great team work with Pam Aitken between Sydney and Paris! Pam is  the designer of the catalogue , the artists are providing her the photos and text. I am the last 12th lucky one. I went to print at CopySelf at 17 rue du Renard, Paris...off course is not a serious printer so the colours are darker and somber but I am happy with the selection of the photos.  I printed with 2 kind of papers... just for my satisfaction...  The strike is still on! Luckily there is an electrical service only for line 1 and 14!










An important tip to know... bring with you a tool to fold the catalogue so to do a very nice embossed line, if not the line becomes all irregular... I had to go to buy a metallic ruler and some others rounded pointed tools tonight because I had only a knife and a metallic bar. Tomorrow I will try it but I will also try to call Copyself and asked to do it for me as they fold the catalogues for all the other artists...who knows maybe it is closer to Christmas ...they refuse to do it for me... I need to have a bigger voice! 




On the way to the printer I visited the historical Place des Vosges! Awesome! So much culture and history in Paris!









... and I took some photos at other shops....





 ... and tomorrow it is Coexistence opening! I went to buy some wine across the road to celebrate!















No comments:

Post a Comment

day 26-27: the end of the residency!

It is arrived the time to leave Paris and Factory49 Paris residency- gallery! It has been an amazing experience! Yesterday I went to visit t...